Wednesday, January 25, 2017

This is How You Do It: Councilman Takes Oath of Office With Friggin' Captain America Sheild


councilman wears captain america shield

I'm not in the business of telling people how to do their jobs, but if you're an elected official and want to instill trust in your constituents, show up with a Captain America shield.

Lan Diep proudly wore a Captain America shield on his arm while taking the oath of office this week. 

Dan Liep says there's "no metaphor."

“Except that it represents America’s ideals and I do hope to aspire to those ideals of fair play, equal justice, and democracy during my term,” Diep said. “But really, I just had this awesome shield and I wanted a chance to show it off.”

So wear that shield. Your constituents will either love you or think you don't take this job seriously at all. One or the other! 

Submitted by: (via Lan Diep/Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment