Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Reaction of the Day: Lebanese TV Host Silences Sexist Sheikh After He Tells Her to ‘Shut Up’








Lebanese host Rima Karaki was interviewing Islamic sheik Hani Al Sibai last week on Al-Jadeed TV about why some Christians would want to join ISIS.


When he started to drag on, she interrupted him to keep the conversation moving, but he was not pleased at being told what to do.


“Listen, don’t cut me off,” he said. “I will answer as I please.”


She politely warns him that they are running out of time, and he rudely tells her to “shut up,” and that it is “beneath” him to be interviewed by her.


Eventually she just cut his mic to put a stop to it.


“Had I not answered, I would have hated myself, and I don’t want to hate myself,” she told The Guardian . “When he said shut up, it was no longer possible to shut up because I would be insulting myself and would lose everything.”


The confrontation between the two has since gone viral, and Sibai is demanding an apology from the network.


The video now has over 5 million views, and Karaki is getting lots of support from viewers on Twitter.




Submitted by: (via MEMRITVVideos)



Tagged: On-Air Blooper , news , BAMF , Video , burn



No comments:

Post a Comment