Monday, February 16, 2015

Awkward Moment of the Day: Jim Carrey Asks Where NBC is Hiding Brian Williams at ‘SNL 40′






Matt Lauer probably wishes he could "misremember" this moment from the 40th Anniversary of SNL on Sunday.



During his the red carpet portion of the night, Lauer and co-host Savannah Guthrie were having a quick, lighthearted chat with Jim Carrey and Tina Fey about their memories from the show.



Then things got awkward.



"Can I ask you a question, you guys?" Carrey asked. "Where are you hiding Brian Williams? Where is he?"



Williams was temporarily suspended this past week from hosting the "NBC Nightly News" after he was caught lying about being shot down in a helicopter during the Iraq war… among other things.



"I just want to say something in his defense," he added, while Fey silently stood next to him. "If the helicopter in front of me gets hit, I'm taking the story."



But Carey wasn't the only one to bring up the elephant in the room.



Jerry Seinfeld mocked the news anchor in his bit later on in the night.



"You know there are so many things about 'Saturday Night Live' that people don't know," he said. "Like for example, I just found out that one of the original cast members in 1975 was Brian Williams. I didn't — I don't know if that's true. But I never heard that. It doesn't sound true. It might not be, it might not be."




Submitted by: (via The Daily What)






No comments:

Post a Comment