Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fail of the Day: Hockey Player Thinks Nelson Mandela was a Famous Athlete








ICYMI, Toronto Maple Leafs goalie Jonathan Bernier made a big mistake on the red carpet at a Raptors charity event to honor Nelson Mandela last weekend.



The mistake being that he didn't know who Nelson Mandela was.



Here's his cringeworthy answer:



"He's one of the most known athletes in the world. A lot of impact in any kind of sport that he did, and even playing hockey, everyone knows him, right? From being the type of person that he was off the ice and on the ice. It's unfortunate that he passed a year ago, but, he changed a lot while he was with us, and he's a tremendous guy."



Here Bernier, let me Google that for you. Of course, that might have helped to know beforehand to avoid the embarrassment.



Bernier apologized soon after the event.



"I'm embarrassed," said Bernier. "I didn't mean to offend him, his legacy. I got flustered with the red carpet and I was nervous. I think everyone makes mistakes and that was me that night."




Submitted by: (via maniac videos)






No comments:

Post a Comment